NMHU Dual Credit
|The dual credit program allows high school students to enroll in college courses at Highlands University prior to high school graduation. This gives them enrichment opportunities and first-hand experience with the requirements of college level work. Dual credit students receive both high school
and college credit simultaneously.Forms
To qualify for this program, students must:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 for a junior or GPA of 2.0 for a senior.
- Complete or provide the following forms
- Highlands Dual Credit Request Form
- Highlands Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Academic transcript
- ACT, SAT, or COMPASS scores. Highlands offers COMPASS testing for admitted students.
Steps to enroll in the Dual Credit Program:
- Review schedule and choose course(s) that you would like to take.
- Discuss your selection with the your school counselor and fill out the Dual Credit Request Form.
- Obtain required approval/signature(s) of school official.
- Discuss your selection with parents and have them sign Dual Credit Request Form.
- Complete Highlands Application for Undergraduate Admission (not applicable to returning students).
- Take the completed form, transcript, and the Highlands application to Sininger Hall, Room 112.
- Review class selections with Dual Credit Coordinator. Complete registration card and Dual Credit Request Form.
- Submit documents to the Highlands Admissions office.
- Complete and submit bookstore authorization form to Business Office. Failure to do so will result in charges to your student account.
Parent and Student Roles & Responsibilities:
- Students will be subject to all the requirements, policies, practices and procedures governing Highlands students, including student conduct, attendance, and grading standards.
- Parents/students are responsible for transportation.
- Ensure that classes are being attended.
YOU WILL RECEIVE A STATEMENT (AND POSSIBLY TWO) AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEMESTER THAT REFLECTS THE ENTIRE AMOUNT OF TUITION AND POSSIBLE BOOKSTORE CHARGES. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS STATEMENT. YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE ADJUSTED AFTER THE ADD/DROP PERIOD (APPROX. TWO WEEKS AFTER CLASSES BEGIN).
- Grades can be accessed on the Highlands University website. Schedules and mid-term grades will be submitted to your high school. Final grades will be recorded on your high school transcript.
- Inquiries regarding transcripts should be directed to the Registrar’s office (505.454.3455).
- All records will be maintained as part of the student’s permanent file with Highlands.
- A student must receive a “C” or better in their dual credit course to remain eligible for the program.
- Grades will only be released to the student and his or her high school. Students can sign a FERPA release so that information can be released to parents.