Commencement Information for Graduate Students
Saturday, May 10, 2014, 2 p.m., John A. Wilson Complex on the Highlands main campus.
The Commencement Ceremony is the campus-wide graduation ceremony for all students from all schools, colleges, and degree programs. Graduates will process across the stage to be recognized individually and will be given a diploma cover. Master’s degree candidates will be hooded.
What is necessary to participate in the commencement ceremony?
- Student must be eligible to complete all degree requirements by the end of the spring semester or summer semester 2014.
- Student must have an approved program of study.
- Student must submit an application for degree (PDF) to the Office of the Registrar no later than March 14, 2014. This will generate the final degree check to determine eligibility to participate.
- Student/department must submit an approved Clearance for Commencement Form to the Office of the Registrar.
- There will be a rehearsal for students taking part in the main campus commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 9, 2014 at 3 p.m. at the John A. Wilson complex.
- Students attending the commencement ceremonies at any of the Highlands centers, should contact your designated center for more information.
- Graduates who participate in the commencement ceremony will be given a diploma cover.
- Tickets for guests are not required.
- Degree candidates will process across the stage and be recognized individually.
- Answers to common questions are provided in the frequently asked questions page. If your question is still not answered, please contact our office by either calling 505.454.3410 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduates or guests with special needs, should contact the Office of the Registrar at 505.454.3410 or to email@example.com.
- If you do not wish to attend commencement, please email the Office of the Registrar to firstname.lastname@example.org, to be listed on the commencement program in absentia.
Academic Regalia (Cap & Gown)
- All candidate participants must wear academic regalia available for purchase at www.cbgrad.com. Students may visit www.cbgrad.com for information regarding announcement orders.
- Master's degree candidates wear caps, gowns and carry their hoods over their left arm.
- Line up for main campus commencement attendees will start at 1:30 p.m., at the John A. Wilson complex on main campus.
- Name cards for the ceremony must be picked up at the northwest door on the first floor of the John A. Wilson Complex, starting at 12:15 p.m., prior to line up.