- Language Learning Center
- Tutor Schedule
- Spanish Dictionaries/Conjugators
- Spanish Lang Resources
- Spanish Grammar Tutorials
- Spanish Keyboard Layouts/Accents
- Languages and Culture
- TU MUNDO: CONNECT
The Highlands Language Learning Center is now open. We offer tutoring services in Spanish and American Sign Language to students who want to supplement their language learning outside of the classroom. Throughout the semester, tutors organize workshop topic sessions that focus on certain grammatical concepts and other aspects of the language that professors believe the students need to develop. The LLC tutors also host “charlas” (conversation sessions) for those who want to exercise and improve their oral communication skills in Spanish. Signed conversation sessions are also held for students who want to practice and improve their ASL fluency. Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment with the tutors, but are welcome to seek tutoring on a walk-in basis.
Aside from our tutoring services, the LLC houses many language learning resources that our staff can recommend to students who are interested in enhancing their language knowledge. The center is equipped with 24 computers that have Internet access and contain the most popular Microsoft Office software applications. Located next to the LLC is a welcoming and tranquil language lounge where students can study and relax throughout the semester. Come and join us for a cup of coffee and get to know us and the center! We invite you to visit and take advantage of the many services our center has to offer!
If you have any questions, please free to contact Dr. Edgar Vargas, LLC Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 505-454-3175.
- How To Conjugate Spanish Verbs – This website focuses on explaining the logic behind Spanish conjugation so that you have as little as possible left to memorize.
- Real Academia Española – The RAE is a major publisher of dictionaries and grammars, and has a formal procedure for admitting words to its publications. Its website includes an online dictionary and other resources, all in Spanish.
- SpanishDict: The World’s Largest Spanish Learning Website – SpanishDict offers the premier English to Spanish dictionary and Spanish to English dictionary on the web.
- Spanish Language and Culture with Barbara Kuczun Nelson – A comprehensive well organized collection of interactive Spanish grammar activities, with some audio files.
- Spanish Verb Conjugations – This tool will allow you to conjugate spanish verb infinitives. It is ideal for studying, as well as completing, high school and college spanish class assignments.
- Wordreference – The WordReference Dictionaries are free online translation dictionaries. The most popular dictionaries are the Spanish Dictionary, French Dictionary and the Italian Dictionary.
- Duolingo — Learn languages completely free, without ads or hidden charges. It’s fun, easy, and scientifically proven.
- Learn Spanish: A Free Online Tutorial — This site gives you the opportunity to do a number of things, and it also allows you to hear audio as well as find “study abroad” information. In English.
- Learn Spanish — Free Online Language Lessons — A quality website containing vocabulary, links, demos, and many other things you can use to become more proficient in Spanish. In English.
- Nuestro idioma, nuestra herencia: Español para hispanohablantes – “Unlike other Spanish for Heritage Speaker textbooks on the market, Nuestro idioma, nuestra herencia contains a Negocios section with a business-oriented reading related to the chapter theme. These readings enable students to examine the intricate relationship between Hispanic cultures and the business world. The corresponding activities follow the same structure as the activities in the Lecturas culturales section.”
- Online resources for Spanish language learning — from E-Spanish.
- Puntos de Partida, 8th Edition — This is the website to accompany the textbook and workbook of Puntos de Partida, 8th edition. Contains chapter-specific resources and other materials that will help you on your trek through Spanish! In English.
- Spanish Language Exercises — Great grammar exercises. In English.
- Spanish Online – Lessons & Audio Learning
- Study Spanish – “Learn Spanish with this free online tutorial with audio, cultural notes, grammar, vocabulary, verbs drills, and links to helpful sites.”
- The Sounds of Spanish and English — Understanding Spanish phonetics can help you greatly in your pronunciation. This website contains flash animations and sound bytes to help you understand more about Spanish pronunciation. In English.
- Web Spanish Lessons — Spanish lessons prepared by Tyler Jones and Jennifer Chambers to teach basic knowledge. Each lesson is organized around a central theme concentrating on new words, sample sentences, pronunciation guides, grammar explanations, and self-tests. In English.
- WWITV: World Wide Internet TV: Your Portal to watch live and on demand online TV broadcasts in Spanish.
- Changing the language settings to Spanish in MS Word
- Spanish “Alt” Codes
- Spanish Keyboard Map
- Typing Spanish Accents