Educational Outreach Services (EOS) is committed to serving students from all Highlands campuses, rural and high-need communities, and globally via a well-established distance education network. This network provides educational access to students who otherwise could not obtain a degree. Our program delivers education using a variety of methods: Interactive Television (ITV), and via Internet. EOS provides distance education services to the NMHU community, inclusive of all academic units, centers, faculty, students, and staff.
EOS Help Desk Information
Sininger Hall Room 117, Las Vegas, NM
Hours of Operation:
Mon.-Thurs 8 a.m.-10 p.m. MST
Fri. 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m. MST,
Sat. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sun Closed
(Subject to change)
On-Demand Remote Support
EOS provides on-demand remote support for faculty, staff and students. We assist in D2L, configuring Internet browsers, and joining an online session. When you click on the online support link, follow the instructions below:
For online support Click here
- Once you click on the link, wait for the ZOOM session to load in browser. The download will appear, click on the downloaded file.
- A security warning window will pop up asking if you want to run this file. Select Run.
- After ZOOM installs, a window will pop up asking to enter your name and click Join.
- Test computer mic and speakers before clicking Join Audio Conference by Computer.
Access to Educational Opportunities
Educational Outreach Services (EOS) will enhance instruction technology and service.
- Accessible Education
- Responsive Support
- Quality Training and Service
- Sustainable Practices
- Team Oriented Environment
- Maximization of Resources
- State of the Art Technology and Infrastructure
- Diverse Populace
- Equitable Environment
Desire2Learn is our course learning management system. It provides access to your courses and course materials. You can navigate to your online sessions that use chat and ZOOM. Our D2L system enhances online, ITV and traditional classes both on campus and off-campus Statewide Centers.
ZOOM is the video and web conference application used for online and ITV courses. We have recently transitioned from Blackboard Collaborate to ZOOM for our online class sessions.