- Personal Information
- 2. Reservation for Orientation Date
- 3. Reservation for Parent/Spouse Orientation
- A parent/spouse track will be held in conjunction with each New Student Orientation
- Parent, guardian or spouse Information
- Second parent, guardian or spouse Information
- 4. English and Math course Placement information
- If you answered YES to any of these questions, NMHU must receive official scores or transcripts for your scores to be used for course placement.
- If you answered NO to these questions, please contact us at (505) 454-3188 to schedule a date and time to take the NMHU Compass test.
- 5. Freshman Experience Program
Please view the fall 2015 learning community descriptions.
Click to view descriptions
Based on your academic and personal interests, please indicate below your top three (3) choices by listing the titles.
- When you arrive for orientation and meet with an advisor, you will work together to choose the learning community that will work best for you. Early identification of your choices will help ensure your best placement.
- 6. Residency Requirement At New Mexico Highlands University all admitted, first-time freshmen will be required to live on campus for their first year to ensure everyone receives the numerous educational and social benefits available to them. Students may be exempt from the requirement to live in the residence halls while they reside in the principal residence of a parent or legal guardian within a 45 mile radius of Las Vegas, New Mexico. Students desiring this exemption must apply and provide parent or legal guardian endorsement. For additional information, contact the Housing and Student Conduct Office at 505-454-3193 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Check the box below to acknowledge that you've read the information concerning the housing requirement.
- 7. Convocation Freshman are required to attend the fall convocation celebrating the class of 2019. Convocation will take place on August 21st, at 9:00 in Ilfeld Auditorium.
Check the box below to acknowledge that you've read the information concerning fall convocation.
The fee to attend orientation is $35.00. After you have completed orientation successfully, the fee will be credited to your Highlands student account. If you do not attend orientation, the fee is non-refundable.
- For more information regarding New Student Orientation, please call the New Student Orientation Office at 505.454.3319, or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Reservation form must be returned to NMHU, Office of Academic Support, PO BOX 9000, Las Vegas, NM 87701.