Registration now open for summer and fall 2017: Summer & Fall Schedule
Vision Statement: Our vision is to be a premier comprehensive university transforming lives and communities now and for generations to come.
Mission Statement: New Mexico Highlands University is a public comprehensive university serving our local and global communities. Our mission is to provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to attain an exceptional education by fostering creativity, critical thinking and research in the liberal arts, sciences, and professions within a diverse community.
Strategic Goals for 2020
Highlands University will:
- Achieve academic excellence, academic integration and student success.
- Achieve strategic enrollment management.
- Achieve a vibrant campus life.
- Be a community partner.
- Achieve technological advancement and innovation.
- Achieve enhanced communication and efficiency.
New Mexico Highlands University Rio Rancho Center is located off of Hwy 528 (Pat D’Arco Highway) and is accessible from Sara road SE or 19th street SE. Come visit us!
Senior Administrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant
Center Manager, Admissions, Registration & Scheduling Specialist
Financial Aid & Business Office Specialist
Recruitment & Transfer Specialist
891-6922 or 891-6914
IT Specialist & Evening Coordinator
Matthew (Brett) Stinson
School of Education Administrative Assistant
Dr. Patricia Jimenez-Latham
ARTS AND SCIENCES
Dr. Linda Silber
Dr. Nariman Arfai
Dr. Ali Arshad
Dr. Emmanuel Nkwenti-Zamcho
Dr. Chuck Swim
Dr. Kevin Ensor
Dr. Anna Koch
Dr. Lori Rudolph
EDUCATION (Educational Leadership)
Dr. Patricia Cruz
Dr. Robert Karaba
EDUCATION (Special Education)
Dr. Paul (PJ) Sedillo
EDUCATION (Teacher Education)
Dr. Melani Buchanan-Farmer
Dr. Jerry Cronin
Dr. Carolyn Newman
Dr. Seonsook Park
Dr. Ann Wolf
Dr. Eva Yerende
Community College Partnerships
Central New Mexico Community College
Business Administration | Master of Arts in Education | Curriculum and instruction emphasis: Reading | Counseling | Educational Leadership | Professional Counselor Licensure | Rehabilitation Counseling | School Counseling | Master of Social Work | Special Education
Licensure Programs and Continuing Education
Bilingual Education | Early Childhood Multicultural Education | Educational Leadership Licensure | Elementary Education Licensure | Reading | Secondary Education (education courses only) | Social Work CEUs | Special Education Licensure | State of New Mexico Licensure Programs | TESOL/ ESL
- Accessibility Services
- Business Office: Billing | Payment Plans | Reimbursement
- Career Services
- Counseling Services: NMHU
- IT Services: Account Guide | Help Desk
- Financial Assistance: Financial Aid | Scholarships
- Library Services: Rio Rancho | NMHU
- Native American Services
- Student Activities
- Training: Online Courses | Self-Service Banner
- Tutoring Services: NET Tutor | NMHU Writing Center
- Academic Petition
- Admission Application (Undergraduate)
- Complete School Withdrawal
- Course Substitution (Graduate)
- Course Substitution (Undergraduate)
- Graduation Application
- Transcript Request
- Advising Manual (Undergraduate)
- Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE)
- CTE Training Calendar
- Contingent Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Resource Website
- Outcome Assessment Handbook
- Personnel Policies & Procedures