image of wilson complex basketball courtbackground image of pine treependant background imageheader image of librarypurple background imageimage of stair wellimage of student union builingimage of gutterImage of ceilingImage of ceiling of the wilson complex buildingimage of wall in Tech buildingimage of swimming poolimage of ceilingimage of window at Studnet union buildingWall imageImage of window at science buildingImage of window at science buildingImage of stairs in science buildingImage of interior of science buildingImage of science buildingImage of science buildingImage of library buildingImage of buildingbackground image of ceiling

In the fall of 2014 New Mexico Highlands University (NMHU) received a federal Title V, Part B grant from the U.S. Department of Education. The major purpose of the CONECTADO academic scholarship award is to expand post baccalaureate education opportunities for Hispanic Graduate Students across New Mexico in high employment need areas through online education programs. For inquiries, application materials and more info, email us at

Q. How can I access my student account?
A.You can access your student account through NMHU Self Service Banner, MyNMHU.Q. How do I apply for graduation?
A. Please contact the Registrar’s Office.

Q. How can I pay my student fees and bills online?
A. Student fees and bills can be paid through the NMHU Self Service Banner, MyNMHU or through this direct link.

Q. What type of financial aid is available for graduate students?
A. Loans/ Scholarships

Q. How do I order a transcript?
A. You can order transcripts online through NMHU Self Service Banner, MyNMHU.
Instructions for requesting official transcripts online.

Q. Where can I get Information about a major?
A. Visit the department’s page online. Here are NMHU department listings.

Q. Where can I get a catalog?
A. You can obtain a copy of the current Graduate Catalog here.

Q. How do I contact an employee or find a department.
A. Please see the Campus Directory.

Q.How does Highlands support needs of students with special needs or disabilities?
A. Please see the Accessibility Services Page.

Q. How do I log in to my account for the first time?
A. Please see the Technical Support Page.

Q. Why does the system reject my new password?
A. Are you reusing one of your last five passwords? The system keeps track of used passwords.

Q. I need help with Desire2Learn.
A. Problems logging In:
– Have You Changed Your Password? You must change your password from your date of birth (temporary password) before you can log into Desire2Learn. Your password will be your date of birth if you have never changed your password from your date of birth or if you have reset your password.
– How to Change Your Password: Go to technical help pages. Choices are self-explanatory.
You will be able to Reset a Forgotten Password, Change your Password, or Look up your Username & Banner ID Number. If you reset your password, your date of birth, in the format MMDDYY, is set as your temporary password.
– Exit the Self-Help Page and return to the Highlands homepage to access your account. It is not possible to access your account from the Self-Service Page. You are required to change your password to at least six characters.

Problems After Logging In: Please contact the WebCT Helpdesk at 505.426.2215.

Q. How do I know if the university is closed for bad weather?
– Visit; the homepage will display any official weather notifications.
– Go to Highlands’ Facebook page or Twitter page.
– Call 505.426.2297 or 1.866.231.2366