Requirements for admission to the RN-BSN Completion Program:
- Applicants must reside within the state limits of New Mexico
- Effective with the Spring 2015 class, ALL students must have statistics complete prior to program entry
- Graduate of an approved associate degree or diploma program in nursing from the United States
- Valid unencumbered U.S. RN license prior to program start date
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- As long as the student meets the nursing program required prerequisites listed below, and the majority of general education core courses, selected general education core courses can be taken along with upper division nursing courses.
- Applicant must apply for undergraduate admission to New Mexico Highlands University and apply to the RN-BSN Program. Acceptance to New Mexico Highlands University does not guarantee acceptance into the RN-BSN Program.
- Have official transcripts sent from all previously attended colleges and universities to the RN-BSN program. Even if you only took one class or credits are displayed on another transcript, we need official transcripts sent from all institutions.
- All application materials must be received by October 17, 2014 for Spring 2015 admission and June 15, 2015 for Fall 2015 entry.
- No standardized testing is required (i.e. ACE II).
Nursing program required prerequisites:
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Life Span Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology or Anthropology
- Â Statistics
- Majority of general education core
Only college courses completed with a grade of C or better will transferÂ