Commencement is May 15, 2021. Congratulations, Class of '21! For details, click the banner.

Commencement is May 15, 2021. Congratulations, Class of '21! For details, click the banner.

Admissions Counselors

Your New Mexico Highlands admissions counselor is your go-to person for almost anything that comes up during your application process. You are assigned a counselor based on where you go to school and where you live.

David Lucero 

Admissions Counselor

New Mexico (West)
Cibola County, McKinley County, Rio Arriba County, Santa Fe County, San Juan County

Out-of-state (Western US)
Arizona, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Connect with me here!


Jessica Bender

Admissions Counselor/Transfer Students

New Mexico (Central)
Albuquerque, Bernalillo, Rio Rancho, Torrance County

Out-of-State (Central/Midwest)
Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Connect with me here!


Kendell Jordan

Admissions Counselor

New Mexico (Southern)
Catron County, Chaves County, Curry County, De Baca County, Dona Ana County, Eddy County, Grant County, Hidalgo County, Lea County, Lincoln County, Luna County, Otero County, Roosevelt County, Sierra County, Socorro County, Valencia County

Out-of-State (Southern US)
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas

Connect with me here!


Michelle Tapia

Admissions Counselor/Campus Tours Specialist 

New Mexico (East)
Colfax County, Guadalupe County, Harding County, Mora County, San Miguel County, Taos County, Union County, Quay County

Out-of-State (Eastern US)

Connecticut, Delaware, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia,

Campus tours: Request More Information

Connect with me here!


International students

International Admissions
The International Education Center is here to assist international students with the process of applying to Highlands, contact Tina Clayton.

Native Americans

Native American Center
If you are a tribally enrolled member of a federal- or state-recognized tribe, contact Dr. Spintz Harrison for more information regarding scholarships and enrollment.