The Human Resources Department is responsible for the administration and implementation of university Personnel Policies and Procedures and Affirmative Action Policies. Group benefits, employment, classification and compensation, professional development, training, employee relations and implementation of equal employment objectives are major functions of Human Resources.
Human Resources accepts employment applications for vacant exempt and non-exempt positions. Employment opportunities may be viewed online.
Personnel services include administering group medical and dental, long-term disability, group life insurance, vision and employee retirement programs.
New Mexico Highlands University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability.
New Mexico Highlands University
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. (MST)
Rodgers Hall, Room 108
Cathy Martinez, department secretary
- Leave balances for faculty and staff
- Verification of employment and FMLA
Marka Trujillo, benefits specialist
- Insurance benefits, retirement, and workmen’s compensation
- Advertisements and job postings for faculty and staff/upkeep on staff directory
Elizabeth Maestas, payroll manager
- Paycheck inquiries and verification of earnings
- Direct deposit and W-2/W-4 forms