Research Interests: Conservation ecology of reptiles and amphibians, molecular ecology, landscape genetics, phylogeography, herpetology.
- Lisa McBride: Metapopulation structure of two sympatric garter snake species (Thamnophis elegans and Thamnophis cyrtopsis) in the Mora watershed, New Mexico.
- Jose Griego: Northern Leopard Frog population structure and hybridization in a drought stressed landscape.
Undergraduate Research Assistants
- Molly Enenbach: Immune gene variation in Boreal Toads.
- Saul Ruiz: Immune gene variation in Boreal Toads.
- General Biology 1& 2 for Majors, Biol 211 & Biol 212
- Molecular Ecology
- Conservation Biology
- Ecological Genomics, Biol 620
- Ecology, Biol 389
- Evolution, Biol 476/576
- Honors Seminar
- Graduate Seminar
- Corey, S. J. (2010). Phylogenetic Signal of Threatening Processes among Hylids: The Need for Clade‐Level Conservation Planning. Diversity, 2, 142‐162.
- Waite, T. A., Corey, S. J., Campbell, L. G., Chhangani, A. K., Rice, J. & Robbins, P. (2009). Satellite sleuthing: Does remotely sensed land‐cover change signal ecological degradation in a protected area? Diversity and Distributions, 15, 299‐309.
- Corey, S. J. and T. A. Waite. (2008). Phylogenetic autocorrelation of extinction threat in globally imperiled amphibians. Diversity and Distributions, 14, 614‐629.
- Rivas, J. A. & Corey, S. J. (2008). Natural history note: Eunectes murinus (green anaconda). Longevity. Herpetological Review, 39, 469.
- H.L. Gibbs, S. Corey, G. Blouin‐Demers, K. Prior, & P.J. Weatherhead. (2006). Hybridization between mtDNA‐defined phylogeographic lineages of black ratsnakes (Pantherophis sp.). Molecular Ecology, 15, 3755‐3767.
Recent Scholarly Presentations & Meetings
- J. Griego, S. Corey-Rivas. July 31, 2014. Genetic Structure and Hybridization of the Northern Leopard Frog (Lithobates pipiens) in the Mora Watershed in Northern New Mexico. Oral presentation at the Joint Meeting of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, Chattanooga, TN, USA
- S. Corey-Rivas, M. Shaw, and S. Brown. August 28-30, 2013. Student-Centered Introductory Biology and Forestry at a HIS. Abstract contributed to Chronicling the Changes Documents at the AAAS Vision and Change in Undergraduate Biology Education: Chronicling the Changes Meeting, Washington, D. C., USA.
- S. Corey-Rivas. July 12, 2013. Using Phylogenetic signal in Assessments of Amphibian Extinction Risk. Oral presentation at the Joint Meeting of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, Albuquerque, NM, USA.
- J. Griego, S. Corey-Rivas. July 14, 2013. Leopard Frog Population Structure in Dynamic Environmental Conditions. Poster presentation at the Joint Meeting of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, Albuquerque, NM, USA.
- S. Corey-Rivas. August 13th, 2012. Threatened amphibian species in Venezuela’s socioecological landscape: people, parks and indigenous lands” Oral presentation at 7th World Congress of Herpetology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC Canada.