At the NMHU Writing Center, students learn
- principles and strategies for the most effective organization of their materials
- to summarize, paraphrase, and quote accurately
- to document sources correctly
- to understand and apply instructors’ comments so they can revise their papers effectively
- to recognize and correct errors of grammar and mechanics
- to edit and proofread their papers
Perhaps most importantly, they learn to develop a sense of ownership and responsibility for their writing.
In addition to tutoring, we provide a library of source materials on writing, study skills, research papers, and documentation; computers for research and word processing; and in-class workshops.