Are you interested in learning more skills? Would you like to develop your customer service approach?
Highlands University’s Power of Service Team organizes a series of monthly training sessions to help expand what you can do, and to improve the quality of service we all provide to our students and to each other.
A certificate of completion and a gift card will be provided to each participant who attends 10 events between September 2018 and August 2019.
Read more about the Power of Service Initiative.
May 23, 2019
Event Title: Resilience Training
Presenter: Ray Sanchez
Times Offered: 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m.
Location: SUB 322 & https://nmhu.zoom.us/j/762750632
Description: Ray will share the training he provides to his fellow soldiers in the National Guard. He teaches the importance of finding the good, even in difficult situations.
Event Title: Making Data-Informed Decisions
Presenter: Lee Allard
Times Offered: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: SUB 321 & https://nmhu.zoom.us/j/510690913
Description: Take a dive into the exciting and dangerous world of … data! We’ll look at some ways that data is used, misused, and ignored, sometimes to our peril, and sometimes to our advantage. How can we be better data consumers? Do we even want to be data consumers? Join us for a (reasonably) light discussion of this sometimes interesting realm.
Power of Service Stars at the Fall 2017 Kick Off Event
Power of Service Stars
- Dr. Denise Montoya, Co-Lead, Human Resources/Payroll Director
- Laird Thornton, Co-Lead, Staff Senate President
- Cathy Santistevan, Human Resources Administrative Secretary
- Juliann Salman, Alumni Coordinator
- April J. Kent, Librarian, Head of Public Services Division
- Mary R. Cole, Data Entry Specialist
- Patricia López, Library Office Coordinator
- Josephine Sena, Librarian, Head of Government Documents/Periodical Division
- Adele Ludi, Help Desk Technician
- Michelle Bencomo, Customer Relations Coordinator
Please consider joining our committee!
We meet every other Tuesday from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. in Sininger Hall 107 and via ZOOM: https://nmhu.zoom.us/j/272625711.
All Highlands faculty and staff are welcome to attend.