Get moving and join us at the Fitness Center, located in Archuleta Hall, just off Central Park.
Archuleta Fitness Center COVID-19 Protocol
In the interest of keeping all patrons as safe as possible, we have implemented a set of new guidelines that are explained in detail below. We encourage all patrons to read through the guidelines thoroughly prior to scheduling a time to exercise.
We encourage all patrons to STAY HOME if you exhibit any symptoms related to the COVID-19 virus, including:
Loss of taste or smell
Shortness of breath
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite
In addition to the guidelines below, we also encourage all patrons to participate in best practices communicated in the guidelines in the Public Health Order and CDC the when visiting the fitness center, including:
- Anyone that wishes to exercise must make an appointment to work out and exercise during the appointment time.
- Archuleta Fitness Center has a maximum occupancy of 6 people, including at least 2 student employees at all times.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and other patrons at all times.
- Wearing a face mask – REQUIRED to enter the facility and must be worn when not actively participating in an activity.
- Washing your hands with soap and water frequently while in the facility.
- Cleaning any equipment that is touched before and after use including dumbbells and free weights.
- Temperature checks are required before entering the facility for exercise.
Archuleta Fitness Center Exercise/Cleaning Protocol
- Patrons must keep at least one piece of equipment between themselves and the next closest person in the row they are occupying at all times.
- Equipment must be sanitized by the patron after use.
- Only ONE (1) person per machine at a time.
- No sharing of machines/equipment or “working in”.
- Do not lift a weight that you cannot handle without a spotter. No spotters or workout groups will be allowed.
- Equipment must be sanitized immediately after use (including dumbbells)
Enhanced Cleaning Measures
- Plexiglass sneeze guards will be located at the front desk to protect patrons and staff during interactions.
- Front desk staff will sanitize all surfaces (keyboards, pens etc.) before clocking out of their shift.
- Additional hand sanitizer and cleaning solution will be placed in high-traffic areas, specifically the weight room and cardio area.
Fitness staff will resume enhanced cleaning efforts as was in place immediately before shut-down, including:
- Frequent cleaning of all door handles and surfaces.
- Frequent cleaning of all equipment.
- Frequent cleaning of bathroom areas and water bottle fountains.
- Fitness staff will clean all surfaces and pieces of equipment at the close of each day.
- The facility as a whole will be deep cleaned on a weekly basis.
- In addition to their normal cleaning procedures throughout the day, fitness center staff will ensure all pieces of equipment are thoroughly cleaned every hour.
Reserving a time to exercise
- Click the “BOOK NOW” tab below.
- This will take you to FLYBOOK where you will be able to reserve your time slot to exercise.
- There are only 6 reservations available for each time slot.
- Once the time slots are filled then the reservation time will disappear with only available time slots being accessible.
- Before exercising in Archuleta Fitness Center, you must sign a Waiver of Liability which will have to be signed once every semester.
- The Waiver of Liability can be found on the bottom right hand corner of this page.
Archuleta Fitness Center Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday
1 – 5 p.m.
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sunday – Closed
HOURS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
All interested participants are encouraged to schedule a fitness assessment administered by the HU Wellness Program staff. Current NMHU I.D. required for access. If you are not familiar with our policies and procedures please ask.