Timeline: Getting Started at Highlands
2. Once admitted, you will receive an electronic decision letter and a follow-up email with NMHU student credentials.
3. Activate your NMHU Email to begin receiving official correspondence from Highlands. Remember to check it often!
4. Scholarship Opportunities
a. If you have a 2.5+ cumulative high school GPA, you may qualify for a merit-based scholarship! NMHU considers all admitted students for merit-based scholarships, based on your cumulative high school GPA and ACT/SAT scores at the time of admission.
i. List of Merit Based Scholarships. Scroll down for freshman scholarships.
ii. Check your NMHU email regularly for a scholarship offer. iii. Once you get an offer, accept it!
b. NMHU offers Foundation or donor scholarships for freshmen students!
i. List of Foundation Scholarships
ii. Apply for Foundation Scholarships
c. If you have questions about your scholarship offer contact Financial Aid.
Phone: 505-454-3318 Email: email@example.com
6. Contact our business office to learn more about payment plan options and how to make a payment.
Phone: 505-454-3444 Email: SAR@nmhu.edu
7. Register for New Student Orientation on NMHU Main Campus.
8. Register for Your Starting Semester. (Prior to registering, you will need to speak to a student success coach from the Student Success Center)
Contact Student Success Center to register for classes
Phone: 505-454-3188 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. After you graduate from high school, request that your school send us your final official high school transcript to email@example.com