Timeline: Getting Started at Highlands
2. Once admitted, you will receive your acceptance package in the mail. Please pay close attention to everything included in this package and follow the instructions closely.
3. Activate your NMHU Email to begin receiving official correspondence from Highlands. Remember to check it often!
4. Scholarship Opportunities
a. If you have a 2.5+ cumulative high school GPA, you may qualify for a merit-based scholarship! NMHU considers all admitted students for merit-based scholarships, based on your cumulative high school GPA and ACT/SAT scores at the time of admission.
i. List of Merit Based Scholarships. Scroll down for freshman scholarships.
ii. Check your NMHU email regularly for a scholarship offer. iii. Once you get an offer, accept it!
b. NMHU offers Foundation or donor scholarships for freshmen students!
i. List of Foundation Scholarships
ii. Apply for Foundation Scholarships
c. If you have questions about your scholarship offer contact Financial Aid.
Phone: 505-454-3318 Email: email@example.com
5. Check out the residence halls and contact University Housing to fill out your housing application.
Phone: 505-454-3193 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Contact our business office to learn more about payment plan options and how to make a payment.
Phone: 505-454-3444 Email: SAR@nmhu.edu
7. Register for New Student Orientation on NMHU Main Campus.
8. Register for Fall 2019. (Prior to registering, you will need to speak to an academic adviser from Academic Support.
a. Registration is open from April – August 26, 2019
b. Wednesday, August 21st is the first day of classes
c. Contact Academic Support to register for classes
Phone: 505-454-3188 Email: email@example.com
9. After you graduate from high school, request that your school send us your final official high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org