Las Vegas, N.M. – The Highlands University HU Singers present Disney: Through Light and Dark Nov. 18 at 7 p.m. – Nov. 19 at 4 p.m. in the university’s historic Ilfeld Auditorium, 900 University Ave.
The Disney extravaganza includes a two-act medley of songs from 15 Disney musical movies through the years ranging from Cinderella, Mary Poppins, and Sleeping Beauty to Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and Lion King.
Andre García-Nuthmann, director of Highlands University’s choral and vocal program, is the music director for the production and will accompany on piano. Theater faculty member Don Evans is the artistic director for the production.
Nicolas Evans is the technical director and stage manager for the production, and Lynette Melendrez is the choreographer.
Soloists for the Disney production include:
- Elena Chavez, Highlands senior vocal performance senior, in Beauty and the Beast
- Miranda Andrego, in Cinderella
- Lynette Melendrez, Highlands psychology major, in Tangled
- Daniel Sam and Turquoi García duet in Aladdin
- Turquoi García in Sleeping Beauty
- Ella Melendrez in Anastasia
- Jaylene García, Highlands vocal performance senior, in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Janie L. Chavez, in The Little Mermaid
- Christopher Barela, Highlands vocal performance senor, in Hercules
- Jaylene García, Highlands vocal performance senior, in Mulan
- Geneva Poteet in Hunch Back of Notre Dame
- Ty Thompson in The Lion King
- Beth Urech in Mary Poppins
- Cierra Gomez, Highlands vocal performance freshman, in
The performance also features music from the Disney musical movie 101 Dalmatians.
Tickets for the HU Singers’ production of Disney: Through Light and Dark are $5 for general admission. Students with valid ID are free.