Welcome to New Mexico Highlands University Office of Admissions. Please note all admissions requirements are listed in the Undergraduate/Graduate catalogs.
If you are a recent or past high school graduate who has never attended college, you may download our PDF version of our undergraduate international freshman application below. Please note that all international students must meet continuously with the International Education Office before admission, during admission, after admission and during the student’s studies at Highlands.
Undergraduate Admission Application: click here
- Must submit a formal application for new International freshman admission.
- Must have graduated high school or completed GED program or equivalent.
- Must have a 2.0 or higher grade point average (GPA).
- Submit ACT/SAT scores for proper placement (if test is available in your country of origin).
- Must obtain student visa status, if granted admission to Highlands.
- If you are currently in the United States and are not a permanent resident, please provide copies of your passport, visa, and I-94 for SEVIS transfer purposes.
- Must have completed TOEFL Exam or the IELTS exam. You may visit our website to view minimum score requirements for admission purposes. You may also view page 16 of the current undergraduate catalog.
- Must provide financial verification of ability to finance your studies at New Mexico Highlands University.
- Must submit financial certificate form. Please contact the International Education Office for a copy of this form
- Submit official high school transcripts
General Note to all Students:
Please note, if you submit an application along with official transcripts, the transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from the school records office. The Office of Admissions will not accept opened transcripts as official documents.
On all admission applications, the residency section must be complete with state of legal residency, county of legal residency and years the student has lived in New Mexico. If any part of the residency section is left blank, it will result in out-of-state tuition. The admissions office will not assume years of residency for any student. For questions about in-state and out-of-state tuition, please contact the Office of Admissions.
International Education Center
Las Vegas, NM 87701
505.454.3058 or 505.454.3372
Fax: 505.454.3511, attn Int’l Ed.
Toll free: 1.877.850.9064, ext. 3058 or ext. 3372
Email the International Education Center
New Mexico Highlands University
Office of Admissions
Las Vegas, NM 87701-9000
Toll Free: 1.800.338.6648