The Language Learning Center at NMHU offers tutoring services in Spanish and American Sign Language to students who want to supplement their language learning outside of the classroom. Throughout the semester, tutors host “charlas” (conversation sessions) for those who want to exercise and improve their communication skills in Spanish or ASL. Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment with the tutors, but are welcome to seek tutoring on a walk-in basis.
Aside from our tutoring services, the LLC houses many language learning resources that our staff can recommend to students who are interested in enhancing their knowledge of Spanish, ASL or other languages. Come and join us for a cup of coffee and get to know us and the center! We invite you to visit and take advantage of the many services our center has to offer!
If you have any questions, please free to email Andrés Sabogal, LLC director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Spanish Dictionaries
- Real Academia Española – The RAE is a major publisher of dictionaries and grammars, and has a formal procedure for admitting words to its publications. Its website includes an online dictionary and other resources, all in Spanish.
- SpanishDict: The World’s Largest Spanish Learning Website – SpanishDict offers the premier English to Spanish dictionary and Spanish to English dictionary on the web.
- Wordreference – The WordReference dictionaries are free online translation dictionaries. The most popular dictionaries are the Spanish dictionary, French dictionary and the Italian dictionary.
Language Learning Resources
- Mango languages – (available to NMHU students) – Learn Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, French and more
- Duolingo – Learn Spanish, Portuguese, Navajo, Guaraní and more.
- Study Spanish – “Learn Spanish with this free online tutorial with audio, cultural notes, grammar, vocabulary, verbs drills, and links to helpful sites.”
- The Sounds of Spanish and English – Understanding Spanish phonetics can help you greatly in your pronunciation. This website contains flash animations and sound bytes to help you understand more about Spanish pronunciation. In English.
Spanish keyboard layout and accents
For language proficiency assessments and other questions regarding the Language Learning Center, please contact LLC director Andrés Sabogal at 505-454-3175 or email@example.com