Las Vegas, NM – The deadline to apply for the NFS S-STEM Scholarship II Program is March 1, 2019.
The program is funded to provide scholarships of $10,000 per year for up to three years to promising junior and senior STEM majors. It aims to prepare students to enter a career or graduate program with a focus on developing interdisciplinary skills that integrate data science with their chosen STEM field. Scholarship recipients receive academic and career support services, build leadership and collaborative skills through community service, and graduate with a BS in biology, chemistry, computer science, forestry, geology, or mathematics.
This scholarship is funded by the National Science Foundation (Award No. 1742599) and is not intended to support students who are planning to pursue a professional health sciences career.
The applicant must:
- Be a full-time upperclassman (as defined as having completed 64 credits) or transfer student with a declared major in one of the following disciplines: biology, chemistry, computer science, forestry, geology, or mathematics.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 in STEM gateway classes.
- Demonstrate financial need, determined by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be registered, or plan to register, as a full-time student.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
Download the application here.
Applications are also available from
Monique Esquibel, HSCI 133
Dr. Richard Medina, HSCI 291
ARMAS Office: Engineering Building RM106
For inquiries, please call (505) 426-2104.