NMHU Students, Staff, and Faculty,
The New Mexico Highlands University Presidential Search Committee is pleased to announce the visits of the five finalists for the week of December 4 through December 9. Each candidate will spend a full day in Las Vegas holding forums for the campus and community, and then they will travel to Santa Fe the next morning for an interview with the Board of Regents. We encourage everyone to participate. The candidates will be visiting in this order:
- Dr. Michelle Rogers: Open forums on Monday, December 4, in-person (Student Union Building 321-322) and on Zoom
- Mr. Gerardo Ochoa: Open forums on Tuesday, December 5, in-person (Student Union Building 321-322) and on Zoom
- Dr. Roxanne Gonzales-Walker: Open forums on Wednesday, December 6, in-person (Student Union Building 321-322) and on Zoom
- Dr. Adolfo Santos: Open forums on Thursday, December 7, in-person (Student Union Building 321-322) and on Zoom
- Dr. Neil Woolf: Open forums on Friday, December 8, in-person (Student Union Building 321-322) and on Zoom
If you click on the candidate’s name, it will take you to a page with a short bio, picture, C.V, and campus visit schedule.
The schedule for each visit will be the same and will include meetings with the search committee, the forums, lunch with senior leadership, dinner with the search committee, and then a meeting the next morning with the Board of Regents in Santa Fe.
The Las Vegas Campus forum schedule for each candidate will be:
- Search Committee Interview 8:15 – 9:15 a.m.
- Staff Forum 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Faculty Forum, 11 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Lunch with Senior Administration 12:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Student Forum 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Community, Foundation, and Alumni forum 3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Campus Tour and President’s Residence Tour 4:30 – 5:45 p.m.
- Dinner with Search Committee 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Each forum will be held in the Student Union building in rooms 321-322 on the third floor and via Zoom. Zoom links will be posted on this website and e-mailed on the day of the event. For each forum, we have asked the candidate to introduce him or herself, then give a brief presentation on what they see as the “opportunities at NMHU” tailored to the specific audience of the forum. The rest of the hour will be reserved for answering questions from the audience.
Any member of the NMHU community is welcome to attend any forum, but please be respectful of the topic of the forum (staff, faculty, students, community) when you ask questions.
All members of the campus and community will be welcome to provide feedback on each candidate through an electronic form provided by R.H. Perry, which will be distributed on the day of the forums, as well as with paper copies showing how to access the link at the forums themselves. This feedback will be provided directly to the regents, so it is important everyone uses this opportunity to share their opinions directly with our board.
The Board of Regents is planning on meeting on Friday, December 15, to potentially select the next president. Negotiations and a public announcement would take place some time after that and would be contingent on those negotiations.
I know the search committee is looking forward to having the finalists on campus and having them meet our NMHU staff, students, faculty, and community, and I know the Board of Regents are also looking forward to receiving feedback on what you think of the candidates.
Chair, Presidential Search Committee