Undergraduate Biology Majors
Research is an integral part of the Biology Program at Highlands University. We believe that undergraduate students who get to do hands-on research become stronger students with a passion for science. The Biology program provides research opportunities for students:
- In both introductory and advanced courses
- In summer internships and experiences
- With one-on-one mentorship in a biology professor’s research lab, and
- With our senior capstone research courses, BIOL 491 and 498 for BS Biology Majors.
Research is a fun and exciting way to strengthen your path to being a scientist. Students who do research as undergraduates gain:
- Professional conduct, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Deeper understanding of the process of science
- Exploration of professional interests and talents
- Experience leading to a future career or graduate school
Master’s in Life Science
We are currently seeking graduate students to conduct research in our Master’s Program. If you are interested or have questions, please contact the Natural Sciences graduate faculty.