The Accuplacer exam tests your skills in reading, sentence skills (English) and Math, to determine which classes you are prepared to take.
Main Campus Office Hours
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
About the Accuplacer Exam
- The exam is computer based.
- No appointment necessary. Examinees must begin testing prior to 2:00 p.m.
- The English section of the exam consists of Reading and Sentence Skills. The Math section consists of Elementary Algebra and College Algebra. You can go to the following website for more detailed description of each exam. https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/student/inside-the-test
- The Accuplacer is free to NMHU students/prospective students
- Results are given upon completion of the exam
- Test Center location is the Felix Martinez Building, Suite 130
- The exam is self-paced and is not timed
- On average, the exam takes 1.5 to 2 hours to complete
- Re-tests are available, Time restrictions and costs may be applicable. Inquire at Office of Academic Support, Testing Coordinator, 505-454-3252
- Students must first apply to the college to take exam.
- Dual Credit students must contact and be approved by AP New Mexico / Dual Credit Director. 505-426-2270
- Textbooks, notebooks, dictionaries, calculators, and paper are not allowed in the testing room
- Children or other visitors are not allowed in the testing room
- Anyone who gives or receives help during the tests, uses notes, books of any kind, will not be allowed to continue the test
- No test materials or notes may be removed from the test room
- NMHU may cancel any test score if there is reason to question the validity of the test scores
Practice the Accuplacer Exam
- Go to the following website for practice test options and to login for the Accuplacer Practice app.
Accuplacer for Distance Learning Students
- Please contact the Testing Center, 505-454-3252 for options of taking the NMHU Accuplacer from a remote site.