What to expect:
Sessions are 50 minutes. During your session, you and your tutor will work to establish writing goals. Writing Center tutors are available to assist students with all phases of the writing process, including generating ideas, drafting, revising, and editing. Tutors can offer suggestions for improving content, organization, sentence structure, formatting, citations, and grammar. However, Writing Center tutors cannot function as editors.
All students are encouraged to bring the following materials with them to their tutoring session:
- a copy of your assignment sheet
- a hard copy of the text with which you will be working (i.e., your essay)
- your assignment on a USB flash drive
- any supplemental materials that may be of use during the session (textbooks, class notes, other research materials).
- Though not all of these items are required, the more you have for you and your tutor to review, the greater the possibility your session will be a success.
So that we can help you meet your goals, be specific about difficulties you are facing, and actively communicate your needs while in your session.