New Mexico Highlands University
Board of Regents Meeting
Margaret Kennedy Alumni Hall
Las Vegas, NM 87701
December 15, 2017, at 10 a.m.
Zoom link to join the webinar broadcast of the regents meeting: https://nmhu.zoom.us/j/1228244741.
Board of Regents Agenda
- Call to Order – Chairman Leveo Sanchez
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for December 15, 2017
- Approval of the Minutes from October 27, 2017and November 6, 2017
- Higher Learning Commission Update – Dr. Brandon Kempner
- Preparing the Workforce of the Future Together – Dr. Sam Minner and Ms. Carole Rutten
- President’s Report – Dr. Sam Minner
- President’s Update
- Talent Management System Go Live Presentation
- Comprehensive Discussions – Dr. Sam Minner
- Recruitment and Marketing
- Academic Affairs Report – Dr. Roxanne Gonzales
- Faculty Handbook Change to Ex-Officio Membership – Action Item
- Faculty Handbook Change to Move Grievances to the Faculty Affairs Committee – Action Item
- Support the Safety Manuals/Storage and Handling Guidelines for Six High-Risk Areas on Campus – Action Item
- Strategic Enrollment Management Report – Dr. Edward Martinez
- Foundation and Advancement Report – Ms. Theresa Law, JD, CFRE
- Persons Wishing to Address the Board
- Student Affairs Report – Kimberly Blea
- Athletics Report – Mr. Craig Snow
- Faculty Senate Report – Dr. Ian Williamson
- Staff Advisory Senate Report – Mr. Laird Thornton
- ASNMHU Report – Ms. Natasha Lujan
- 2017 Resolution #1: Act Endorsing the Campus Safety Recommendation
- Finance and Administration – Mr. Max Baca
- Travel Per Diem Rates – Action Item
- Tuition and Fees Preliminary Discussion
- Insurance Premium Discussion
- Executive Session – (a) limited personnel matters related to the annual performance evaluation and contract of Sam Minner, President of New Mexico Highlands University, and the hiring, promotion, demotion, dismissal, assignment, resignation, of or investigation or consideration of complaints or charges against any individual or public employee; (b) bargaining strategy preliminary to collective bargaining and; and (c) threatened or pending litigation subject to the attorney-client privilege in which the University is or may become a participant. All pursuant to NMSA 1978, § 10-15-1(H)(2)(5)&(7).
- President’s Contract – Action Item
- Public Action as Necessary on Other Closed Session Discussions – Action Item
The New Mexico Highlands University Board of Regents will hold a regular meeting on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., in Margaret Kennedy Alumni Hall on the main campus. The meeting agenda will be available seventy-two (72) hours prior in the Office of University Relations.
For disabled access or services call 454-3252 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting to assure that any needed equipment can be made available or special arrangements can be made.