Environmental Health and Safety (Fire Safety) will remain available to respond to emergency and/or fire detection/system issues to provide support to university operations.
The following actions/decisions are in place during the extent of the COVID-19 incident.
- EHS personnel should wear protective gloves on all calls.
- Contractors will not continue with operations, unless there is an emergency repair. Distancing rules should be followed by the contractors.
- Any safety audits or building inspections performed by outside entities will not be allowed.
- All planned training will be postponed or cancelled until further notice. On-the-spot safety training will continue as needed.
- Smoke detectors:
- Occupied rooms- EHS will follow the NMHU Police procedures for screening for COVID-19.
- Unoccupied rooms- normal operations to include gloves.
EHS Contact Information
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.