The safety of students, faculty and staff is of paramount importance to New Mexico Highlands University. In the event of an emergency, the university will disseminate information via e-mail, text message, Facebook, Twitter and the university’s website. The university uses all or a combination of some media depending on the severity of the emergency.
While every effort is made to ensure quick dissemination of information, a number of factors outside of the administration’s control might prevent the prompt delivery of messages.
Emergency Text Alert Sign Up
New Mexico Highlands sends text announcements for emergencies and weather delays and closures. Text messages are not used to announce campus events. While the university attempts to send out alerts in a timely manner, a number of factors outside of the administration’s control might prevent the receipt of text messages.
- To sign up for text alert for your cell phone or to update your contact information, you first have to sign into banner.
- Select “Enter Secure Area”, and sign in.
- Select “Personal Information” under the main menu.
- On the personal information page at the bottom of the menu there will be an option to register for “NMHU Mobile Phone Text Messages.”
- Once you have selected “NMHU Mobile Phone Text Messages”, fill out the required information.