*Updated: April 16, 2020 *
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, all courses are being delivered in an alternative format.
This resource guide will outline instructions for students to log on to Brightspace (D2L) and Zoom to participate in remote teaching and learning. If you do not have access to a laptop or Internet, contact your professors.
Log in to Brightspace
- Log in to Brightspace: http://nmhu.desire2learn.com/
- Find your course by navigating to My Courses
- All students are automatically enrolled into a Brightspace Tutorial Course when they login to Brightspace My Course. More information for students can be found here: https://www.nmhu.edu/onlineorientation/
- Select the Course
- You should see any Announcement to the entire class
- Select Content
- You should find the course’s syllabus
- Important files and list readings resources
- Zoom link to you the classroom
- Select Discussion
- Select Topic to engage with the discussion
- Selecting Assignments
- Select New Assignment
- Follow assignments direction and upload files or media
Access Zoom by logging through Brightspace
- Access Zoom by logging through Brightspace: https://www.nmhu.edu/e-courses-brightspace/
- Select Course
- Select Content
- Select Zoom link
- Zoom will download a file
- Open file
- Zoom window will pop up requesting access to your computer’s mic and camera
- Session will start
For mobile device check out the Zoom Mobile App.
- Library Online Resources: Here is the Recording
- Accessibility tools in Zoom: Here is the Recording
- Ultimate Zoom Training: Here is the Recording
- Ultimate Zoombombing Training: Here is the Recording
- Microsoft Teams training for faculty: Here is the Recording
- Highlands Undergraduate Enrichment (HUE) and ARMAS hosted a Microsoft Teams training for students. Here is the recording: this training is for students and teaching assistants. For more info contact Dr Kelly Trujillo (ARMAS) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Leon Bustos (HUE) at email@example.com.
Donnelly Library Information Desk will remain available to provide support for students, faculty, and staff while working from home. Library staff will be available by phone and email. There will be an online library information desk available. In-person support will not be available.
Donnelly Library does not expect a reduction in essential library services, with the exception of in-person support and circulation of physical library material like DVDs and print books. Staff will be able to assist with the following online services:
- Online Library Help Desk
- Electronic Databases
- Streaming Video Services
- Online Journals
- Online Newspapers
- Online Magazines
- Online Catalog (LIBROS)
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) digital articles when available o Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with ILL
- Electronic Reserves
- Online Tutorials
- Library Instruction Sessions upon request by Faculty o Contact April Kent at email@example.com to schedule
- Library Research Course – LIBR 1100 – will be taught online
Hours of Operation for the Online Helpdesk:
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM until classes begin.
When classes begin our hours will be:
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 AM – 10:00 PM
Friday: 7:30- AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday: 1:00 PM -10:00 PM
Library staff will also be available by appointment via Zoom.
Library Services: LINK
- Databases: to all digital resources
- Kanopy: is also offering free access to the Great Courses series
ITS Help Desk will remain available to provide support for students, faculty, and staff, while working from home. Support staff will be available by phone and email. In-person support will not be available.
ITS does not expect a reduction in services, with the exception of in-person support. Staff will be able to assist with the following services:
- Password resets
- Account login assistance
- Account creation for new employees
- Navigation of software, including Brightspace and Zoom
- Technology training, testing, and troubleshooting
- Assistance granting VPN and Remote Desktop access for those who need it
- Software installs
- Banner support
Online Services will remain available, including:
- Self-Service Banner
- Office 365 (Email, OneDrive, SharePoint, etc)
- Banner Admin (users will need to establish a VPN connection)
- SPSS Server
ITS Help Desk Contact Info:
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Support staff will also be available for extended hours to support Saturday and evening classes, and will be available for the first 30 minutes into the last class of the day.
24×7 Support by D2L:
24×7 support is also available to the campus community through D2L. Support is available by phone and chat. Expert support for Brightspace is available to students and faculty.
Chat is available in Brightspace, under Technical Support (located at the bottom of the Brightspace homepage)
ITS Work Orders
Work Orders form: LINK
Office Phone Instruction
CISCO Quick Reference Guide: Document
You can also find more resources by visiting the Student Resources webpage: https://www.nmhu.edu/student-resources/
A list of internet resources for students, faculty and staff is online at www.nmhu.edu/temp-internet