Online Student Orientation – quick guides and tutorials for using university systems and finding helpful resources.
Using university systems/ Using Banner for registration, enrollment and grade check:
- Video – How to Enroll
- Transcript – How To Enroll
- Video – How to check grades
- Transcript – How To Check Grades
- Video – Check your degree progress with Degree Audit
- Transcript – Check your degree progress with Degree Audit
- Paying your bill with TouchNet
Using Brightspace (formerly D2L)
- Transcript – How to use Brightspace online course system
- Video-Brightspace Homepage introduction
- Video-Brightspace Course Content
- Video-Brightspace Submitting Assignments
- Video-Brightspace Posting in a Discussion Board
- Video-Brightspace Taking a Quiz
- Video-Brightspace Checking your grades
You will be assigned a faculty advisor in your major and this should show up in My NMHU and your Degree Audit. If you have any questions or problems, contact the administrative assistant in the department of your major. You may also contact Academic Support for any general questions and other student services.
- Library services and databases
- How to use NetTutor
- Getting help with your writing – Writing Center: Live tutoring is available to all students using Zoom.
- Contact to schedule an appointment
- Prepare for a tutoring session
- Academic policies and honor code:
All information about academic integrity, policies, and campuses resources can be found in the Student Handbook
- FERPA is the law that protects your student records and privacy. Visit the Family Educational Rights Act page for more information to safeguard your privacy.
- HU Cares
– Confidential counseling services for students regarding suicide prevention, sexual harassment, domestic abuse, and other support needs.
- Student activities and discounts:
At Highlands, students can enjoy a variety of clubs and social activities such as business clubs, sports events, dancing, intramurals, faith-based programs, and performance events. Visit the Office of Campus Life page for more information. You will also receive email notifications about upcoming events and student discounts.
- University Mission and values:
New Mexico Highlands Vision is to “Our vision is to be a premier comprehensive university transforming lives and communities now and for generations to come.” NMHU promotes the core values of excellence, diversity, accessibility, and responsiveness. For more information on the Strategic Goals of the university, visit our About NMHU page.