Felix Martinez Building Room 130
To make an appointment or contact an adviser, call 505-454-3188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (open during lunch). Walk-in appointments are welcome.
What We Do:
The Student Success Center provides academic services to empower NMHU students in reaching their educational goals in a positive and supportive environment. Our mission is to provide opportunities for undergraduate students to attain an exceptional education by fostering orientation, advisement, and support services to persist towards achieving their educational goals. Our goal is student success!
Services We Offer:
- Placement testing
- Orientation for new students
- Undergraduate success counseling
- Learning center computer lab: Computers are available year-round for student use in Suite 140 of the Felix Martinez Building. Conference tables and Smartboard available for student use.
- Adaptive needs computer lab: A universally accessible computer lab is located in Donnelly Library.
- Accessibility services: The Student Success Center coordinates accessibility services starting with the high school-to-college transition for incoming freshmen and continuing throughout the college experience.
- Online tutoring: Tutoring and writing help is available for all students enrolled at New Mexico Highlands University. You can access online tutoring through the E-courses portal on the NMHU homepage.
- Peer coaching: Peer coaches are here to help students tackle academic challenges and reach their full potential. They will work with you to develop an individualized study plan that works with your schedule and learning style. Students don’t have to wait until they have a problem to seek peer advising – they can take a proactive strategy by creating a strong plan from the start.
- Administration of academic alert
- New Mexico HiSET® Requirements
By taking the HiSET® exam, you can earn a state-issued high school equivalency credential which you can use to advance your career, join the military, begin a training program or continue your education. Affordable, accessible and flexible, the HiSET exam is the fastest-growing high school equivalency test.
For Faculty and Staff:
- Academic alert
- Test proctoring
- Student accessibility services
- Success training
Q: How can I log in to my NMHU account?
A: Access My NMHU as an NMHU student to view your academic standing and transfer credits. You will first need to log on to create a username and password. Once in the secure area, your degree audit is available under Student Records. This system will allow you to explore NMHU degree plan options. My NMHU setup instructions are available here.
Q: I have been admitted as an NMHU student, when can I register?
A: The early registration process for NMHU typically begins in October for the following spring semester and in April for the next fall semester. Transfer and continuing student can register through their My NMHU link.
Q: Do I have to attend orientation?
A: All first-time freshmen are required to attend new student orientation, and it is recommended for transfer students. Sign up to attend an orientation program.
Q: Can I participate in workshops and online tutoring offered through the Student Success Center?
A: Our programs and services are available to all NMHU students. We highly recommend and encourage students to take advantage of all services to enhance their academic success.
Sipapu Ski Trip
"A Christmas Carol"