New Mexico Highlands University is seeking applications for the transfer of the KEDP 91.1 FM Radio Station license and equipment to an eligible entity. KEDP is operated under a Class A Noncommercial Education license and has been in operation since 1967 when NMHU had a communication arts major. NMHU has been granted a silent special temporary authority (STA) by the FCC initially effective March 1, 2020 and a second one which expires after February 28, 2021. KEDP’s license with the FCC expires on October 1, 2021.
- Applicants must be eligible to operate a Class A Noncommercial Education License pursuant to 47 C.F.R. § 73.503 and FCC Form 340, which includes but is not limited exclusively to:
- Nonprofit educational institutions, including public and private schools and colleges, and to be used for the advancement of an educational program.
- Governmental entity including an agency or a board which does not operate a school.
- Nonprofit educational organization that is neither a school nor a governmental entity, such as a private educational nonprofit corporation.
- Applicants must be eligible to receive property from a public institution pursuant to the relevant State of New Mexico statutes.
- Applicants should submit a proposal that addresses the following:
- Plan for operation of KEDP radio.
- How will operation of KEDP radio station be a benefit to the community and/or population that you serve?
- How will operation of KEDP radio station be a benefit to NMHU?
- Experience with the FCC and operation of a non-commercial educational radio station.
- Applications should be sent to:
New Mexico Highlands University Board of Regents
Las Vegas, NM 87701
- Applications should be submitted no later than November 13, 2020.
Application review will begin November 16, 2020.
Successful applicant will be notified no later than December 1, 2020.
Successful applicant will be responsible for completing all necessary requirements as outlined and prescribed by the FCC. Final transfer of FCC radio station license is at the sole discretion and authorization of the FCC.