The Center Advocacy Resources Education & Support “HU-CARES” program provides a web of collaborative services and support to students who are victim/survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking and suicide prevention. Services include counseling, advocacy, and connect with community service providers. HU-CARES also provides educational outreach and prevention, and coordinates trainings for students, faculty, and staff.
Make an appointment with an advocate
- Immediate, confidential and supportive response to survivors is a priority as is advocating for victims of violence. Confidential crisis intervention and advocacy is available to recent survivors, as well as to those working to recover from a past incident.
Confidential Services Include:
- Crisis intervention
- Advocacy with law enforcement, Student Judicial Affairs, housing and academic assistance
- Accompaniment to interviews with law enforcement and the District Attorney’s office, court, Student Judicial Affairs and Title IX meetings, and the hospital
- Assistance with restraining orders
- Referrals to campus and community services
To speak with an advocate after-hours:
- Please call/ text the CARES Crisis # 505-795-3665 or 505-429-4505.
- Callers receive immediate, confidential assistance from specially trained Advocates
Request a presentation: Click here to submit form
Annual Security Report
In case of an emergency, please dial 911 or
On campus, dial 5555
After-hours rape crisis 505-425-1048
New location: Student Union Building (SUB) 328