Transfer Students Timeline: Getting Started at Highlands Fall 2019
Don’t miss the Transfer Tuesday video chats! Get your questions answered during this live chat with admissions counselor Kristen Olds on the first Tuesday of each month from 6 – 7 p.m.
- Review the Articulation Agreement (academic roadmap) between your 2-Year College and NMHU for your discipline. Follow this roadmap closely, and your courses will transfer to Highlands.
- If we don’t have an articulation agreement for your program, go to step 2.
- Apply to NMHU – We are an open enrollment institution and accept applications on a rolling basis. As a part of our commitment to inclusion, we do not have an application deadline. Important date to remember: Registration for Fall 2019 opens April 1st, 2019 and classes fill up fast!
- Request Official Transcripts from each college previously attended, and have them sent to email@example.com
or New Mexico Highlands University Office of Admissions, Box 9000 Las Vegas, NM 87701
- Fill out FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- NMHU School Code 002653
- For support please contact NMHU Financial Aid Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 505-454-3318
- Once NMHU receives your online application and official transcripts, you can expect to be admitted within 1-2 weeks. Please contact email@example.com if you haven’t heard from us.
- Once admitted, you will receive an electronic acceptance package in your email. Please pay close attention to everything included in this package and follow the instructions closely.
- Activate your NMHU Email to begin receiving official correspondence from Highlands. Remember to check it often!
- To see what coursework transferred over to NMHU access your degree audit by logging in to MYNMHU Portal
9. Scholarship Opportunities If you have a 0+ cumulative college GPA, you may qualify for a merit-based scholarship! NMHU considers all admitted students for merit-based scholarships, based on your cumulative college GPA at the time of admission.
- List of Merit Based Scholarships: Scroll down for transfer scholarships.
- Check your NMHU email regularly for a scholarship offer starting Spring
- Once you get an offer, accept it!
- NMHU offers Foundation or donor Scholarships for transfer students! Apply for these NMHU Foundation Scholarships starting on March 1, 2019!
- If you have questions about your scholarship offer contact Financial
- i. Phone: 505-454-3318
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reach out to your NMHU faculty advisor for advisement on the classes you’ll take at NMHU or contact your NMHU Center for general
- You can locate your faculty advisor’s name and email in your Degree Audit.
- You can contact your academic program through the NMHU Directory. Click on “Display Directory by Department” and select your academic program.
- Farmington Center: email@example.com
- Rio Rancho Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Santa Fe Higher Education Center: Robert Anaya, Center Director email@example.com
- Albuquerque Center: Marian Najar, Student Support Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Visit our Business Office web page to learn more about payment plan options and how to make a payment. Phone: 505-454-3444 Email: SAR@nmhu.edu 13. Attend Orientation: New Student Orientation on NMHU Main Campus or New Student Online Orientation 14. Register for Fall 2019
- Registration is open from April 1– August 26, 2019
- Class Schedule
- How to Register for Courses
- Wednesday, August 21st is the first day of classes
15. Once your final grades post, send your final official transcript to email@example.com. If you earned an AA or AS, verify that the degree appears on the transcript you’re sending to us.