Transfer Students Timeline: Getting Started at Highlands Fall 2019
- Review the Articulation Agreement (academic roadmap) between your 2-Year College and NMHU for your discipline. Follow this roadmap closely, and your courses will transfer to Highlands.
- If we don’t have an articulation agreement for your program, go to step 2.
- Apply to NMHU – We are an open enrollment institution and accept applications on a rolling basis. As a part of our commitment to inclusion, we do not have an application deadline. Important date to remember: Registration for Fall 2019 opens April 1st, 2019 and classes fill up fast!
- Request Official Transcripts from each college previously attended, and have them sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
or New Mexico Highlands University Office of Admissions, Box 9000 Las Vegas, NM 87701
- Fill out FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- NMHU School Code 002653
- For support please contact NMHU Financial Aid Email: email@example.com Phone: 505-454-3318
- Once NMHU receives your online application and official transcripts, you can expect to be admitted within 1-2 weeks. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you haven’t heard from us.
- Once admitted, you will receive an electronic acceptance package in your email. Please pay close attention to everything included in this package and follow the instructions closely.
- Activate your NMHU Email to begin receiving official correspondence from Highlands. Remember to check it often!
- To see what coursework transferred over to NMHU access your degree audit by logging in to MYNMHU Portal
9. Scholarship Opportunities If you have a 0+ cumulative college GPA, you may qualify for a merit-based scholarship! NMHU considers all admitted students for merit-based scholarships, based on your cumulative college GPA at the time of admission.
- List of Merit Based Scholarships: Scroll down for transfer scholarships.
- Check your NMHU email regularly for a scholarship offer starting Spring
- Once you get an offer, accept it!
- NMHU offers Foundation or donor Scholarships for transfer students! Apply for these NMHU Foundation Scholarships starting on March 1, 2019!
- If you have questions about your scholarship offer contact Financial
- i. Phone: 505-454-3318
- Email: email@example.com
- Reach out to your NMHU faculty advisor for advisement on the classes you’ll take at NMHU or contact your NMHU Center for general
- You can locate your faculty advisor’s name and email in your Degree Audit.
- You can contact your academic program through the NMHU Directory. Click on “Display Directory by Department” and select your academic program.
- Farmington Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rio Rancho Center: email@example.com
- Santa Fe Higher Education Center: Robert Anaya, Center Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Albuquerque Center: Marian Najar, Student Support Specialist email@example.com
12. Visit our Business Office web page to learn more about payment plan options and how to make a payment. Phone: 505-454-3444 Email: SAR@nmhu.edu 13. Attend Orientation: New Student Orientation on NMHU Main Campus or New Student Online Orientation 14. Register for Fall 2019
- Registration is open from April 1– August 26, 2019
- Class Schedule
- How to Register for Courses
- Wednesday, August 21st is the first day of classes
15. Once your final grades post, send your final official transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you earned an AA or AS, verify that the degree appears on the transcript you’re sending to us.